Dreams from behind bars
Murat Dilmanov, an artist from Kazakhstan, has created a series on human rights in partnership with activist and former political prisoner, Rasul Jafarov from Azerbaijan.
We’re hiring a Senior Accountant to join the Centre’s Finance and Administration team. The position is a full-time role based in our office in Prague. The deadline for applications is 10 June 2018.
The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-profit organisation working to support and empower civil societies across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civil society.
The Centre’s headquarters are in Prague, and it employs 26 staff from 13 different countries.
The Senior Accountant will work in close partnership with the Operations Officer and Finance Director to ensure that financial operations are in conformity with the donor’s policies, procedures and guidelines, statutory requirements and ‘good practice’ principles.
• Daily book-keeping (in Navision)
• Participating in managing the Tax agenda and other Czech statutory requirements
• Providing support during audits (statutory, donors, internal, tax
• Timely preparation of payments
• Reviewing and approving financial documents
• Monitoring and evaluating projects and overall expenditures (including monitoring of contractual obligations)
• Advising and training the team on relevant financial guidelines and regulations
• Managing a junior administrative/accounting team member
• University Degree in Economics, Accounting or another relevant field
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience (experience with non-profit is a plus)
• Strong competence in accounting and finance
• Knowledge of relevant Czech legislation, taxation and financial management rules
• Experience with accounting systems (Navision is a plus)
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good capacity to work in a multi-national team, patience and team-spirit
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills and creative approach to problem-solving
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the organisation
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Czech. Please note that candidates who do not speak both Czech and English will be automatically disqualified.
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter (up to 1 page) and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 10 June 2018. Due to the expected level of interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Interviews will take place in June 2018.