Applications for this position are now closed. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon.
Position & Responsibilities
The programme associate will work in close partnership with one of the Centre’s Programme Officers to:
- Develop and manage sections of the Centre’s grant portfolio and grant-making schemes
- Evaluate and monitor the implementation of projects supported by the Centre (including field visits, where appropriate)
- Assist with the evaluation of project proposals
- Maintain communication with potential and existing grant recipients
- Organise the process for invitation calls, project selection and the awarding of grants
- Track political developments in the region, research and monitor important local organisations and individuals, and help to inform the Centre’s overall strategy
Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. international affairs, political/social sciences, media, international development, human rights, area studies or languages)
- General understanding of closed societies, civil society issues, and a familiarity with civil society networks and individual activists in the region
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Russian (fluency required) and English
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel), cybersecurity literacy and experience with managing databases
- High degree of self-organisation, reliability and ability to take initiative
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, including the capacity to work in a multi-national team
- Patience and team spirit, as well as personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a dedication to the mission of the Prague Civil Society Centre.
The role is full-time (40 hours per week). The Centre can provide visa/relocation assistance to successful candidates, if needed (details can be discussed at interview stage). The position comes with a competitive salary and 25 days of annual leave.
Applications are now closed.