The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-profit organisation working to support and empower civil societies across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civil society.
The Centre’s headquarters are in Prague, and it employs 26 staff from 13 different countries.
The role is full-time (40 hours per week), based in our headquarters in Prague. The Grants Assistant will work in close partnership with a small Grants Administration team and to:
• Manage the Centre’s grant-making programme during the application process, evaluation of proposals, contracting, project monitoring and closeout phases
• Receive, check and store project proposals and other documentation from applicants, distribute proposals to Programme Officers and keep track of the evaluation process
• Conduct risk assessments of potential partners
• Receive and perform an initial check of financial reports and related documents
• Liaise between the Centre’s finance department and grantees
• Ensure timely and diligent payment process
• Assist with reporting and presenting projects to the Centre’s team
Necessary qualifications & experience
• At least two years’ experience in a relevant field (e.g. with a civil society organisation and/or in project/financial management)
• Fluency in English and Russian (especially written) is essential. Knowledge of Czech is not required
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel), cybersecurity literacy, experience with database management
• High-level of self-organisation, reliability and diligence in approach to work
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, capacity to work in a multi-national team
• Patience and team-spirit, as well as personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Centre
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter (max. 1 side of A4) and CV (max. 2 sides of A4) in English to email@example.com by 10 June 2018. Unfortunately, due to the expected level of interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Shortlisted candidates will be contracted by late June/July.
The Centre can provide visa/relocation assistance to successful candidates, if needed (details can be discussed at interview).