1. Can I apply if I am not from one of the mentioned countries?
No. Such applications will not be considered.
2. Can the host organization be located in a country other than mentioned in the call?
No. Such applications will not be considered.
3. Can I use the funding and time to do an internship in two host organisations?
If you have agreed on an internship with two organisations, and have letters of support from both, you can include both hosts in your application. However, if this a case, we will not allocate any additional funding. This means your budget proposal should still fit the limits announced in the application call. This also applies to our payment to the host organisation that remains fixed at €1000 (a host fee). If you have two host organisations, they will get €500 each.
4. Can I do the internship in another organisation in my home country?
The Programme is aimed to develop cross-border cooperation, so you are strongly encouraged to spend the internship in a country different from your own.
5. Can the Centre help me to find and contact a host organisation?
We encourage you to find a host organization by yourself and agree on the exact design of the internship with the host. It is important that you think carefully about your goals and the experience you want to gain whilst looking for a relevant organisation. You need to approach and persuade the host to accept you as an intern. By doing this you demonstrate to us that you are serious in your intentions and have invested time and effort to plan your internship.
6. Can I include costs in the budget other than those mentioned in the call?
All costs identified in your budget proposal should be reasonable, well-grounded and related to the purpose of the internship. If anticipated expenses fit these criteria, you are welcome to include them. Before funding is allocated, proposed budgets are reviewed and agreed between the Prague Civil Society Centre, the host organisation and the intern. This means that your final budget is likely to be slightly different compared to the one you initially proposed.
We expect applicants to be realistic and even modest in their request. Please bear in mind that we are not obliged to cover all possible expenses that might emerge during your internship. We provide a reasonable contribution which proved so far to be fair enough.
7. How do I arrange accommodation for my internship?
You are expected to find your own accommodation. The host organisation might be able to help you but it is not their responsibility. We recommend to search at airbnb.com. It works in most countries. Please note that PCSC covers accommodation that provides a basic level of comfort. These expenses are carefully reviewed. This means that any apartment you plan to live in should include everything you need but not be luxurious.
8. Can I include some local tourism or entertainment expenses in the budget?
No – all proposed costs should be relevant to the purpose of your internship. Therefore, you are expected to cover entertainment related expenses yourself.
9. Is there a maximum amount allowed for accommodation, transportation or other costs?
All cost should be reasonable but they depend on the city where you will do the internship.
10. What if I am not satisfied with the host organisation? Can I go to another one?
We encourage you to discuss your internship project with the host organisation in advance to avoid such disappointment. We will not accept you changing the host organization in the middle of your internship. You are encouraged to tell us about any issues in the feedback form afterwards so that we know what went wrong.
11. Can an internship last less than one month or more than two months if a host organisation agrees?
Normally, internships last between 30 to 60 days. In exceptional cases, we will consider applications for a shorter period as well. However, the duration of your internship should not be longer than 2 months.
12. Can PCSC arrange a visa for me?
PCSC is unable to help you with procedures related to obtaining a visa. You need to arrange it yourself or via the host organisation. Please include visa-related costs in your budget proposal. While planning your internship dates, do not forget to consider the time needed for obtaining a visa.
13. Can I ask a host organisation to provide me with an official invitation for my visa?
Usually the host organisation can provide an invitation for your visa.
14. Do I need to buy insurance?
You must have insurance for the duration of the internship. Please include it to your budget proposal.
15. I sent an email to the organisation where I want to do my internship but no one replied. Can PCSC help me with this?
In such a case we would recommend you to find another channel/person inside the host organisation. It is your responsibility to contact the host so PCSC can`t help with that.
16. Can I change the timeslot or duration of my internship after I got selected for the Programme?
We encourage you to plan carefully to avoid such a situation. However, you are allowed to switch to another timeslot or change the duration of your internship before a contract is signed and funds are allocated. After that moment, it can be done only in exceptional cases. You should discuss any changes to your internship with PCSC beforehand and get an approval. PCSC cannot guarantee that such requests will be approved so your internship might get cancelled and you might be asked to reapply again.
17. Can I change accommodation after arrival to the city if I`m not satisfied with it?
You can find other accommodation as long as it fits the budget. We can`t provide additional funding for this.
18. Can I apply to become an intern at PCSC?
PCSC don`t accept interns in order to avoid a conflict of interests. You are welcomed to find another host organization from the Czech Republic. Please also take a look at our Fellowship Programme, it might suit your interests better than internships.
19. How many people can apply from one organisation?
There is no such limit. However, several applicants from one organisation will be competing with each other during the selection process and most likely we will choose just one.
20. How many interns can a host organisation accept within one timeslot?
It depends on a host organisation. Usually, it is just one intern in one timeslot. However, we had cases when two interns from two different countries did their internships in one host organisation within one timeslot.