CampCamp 2018 means 4 days of intensive teamwork and cooperation between creative civil activists and talented media, marketing and business specialists. A series of masterclasses, brainstorming sessions, presentations of successful projects and expert consultations will help civil initiatives improve their collaboration with local communities so they can achieve better results when fundraising, advocating and attracting public support.
We want CampCamp to be an energetic and lively event where ideas are born, opinions are changed, obstacles are overcome and new opportunities discovered.
CampCamp 2017 (Tbilisi)
Over 100 activists from more than 10 different countries came to Tbilisi for CampCamp 2017. Together, they highlighted the breadth of challenges faced by the region and showcased the diversity, creativity and resourcefulness of its civil society.
Click here for more from last year
The programme for CampCamp 2018 is interactive, dynamic and flexible and the participants themselves largely shape its content. Together, we are going to generate ideas, test technologies, experiment and share our experience.
This Year’s Topics
• Podcasts and internet radio: return of the audio formats.
• Instacitizens: the activist potential of Generation Z.
• Interactive communication and nonlinear storytelling.
• Work with advocates of CRM for NGOs.
• Hope against despair: how to help people believe in the possibility of change.
• Cooperation between activists, creative specialists and business.
• Public communication in “closed” countries.
• Creative thinking and how to find unconventional solutions.
• The art of ownership and how to include local communities.
• Pensioners as a civil power.
• Internet celebrities and how to work with them.
• Olympic Games, World Cups and big events as opportunities for campaigns (or not)
• Documentary film as an activist tool.
• The power of live broadcasting: social media streaming.
• Sales technologies for civil organizations.
• “Ideological” media: should journalists remain activists?
• Telegram-channels and public groups on social networks: what to expect from them?
Participants will include
• Civil activists and employees of the NGOs that actively experiment with new communication tools and new modes of engagement with local communities.
• Specialists from media, marketing, PR and other related sectors who want to help activists to carry out their tasks.
• Representatives of international organizations who want to achieve a deeper understanding of their region’s civil society, study best civil practices and find new partners.
Participation in CampCamp 2018 is free. There will also be a very limited number of travel grants available from the Prague Civil Society Centre and partner organizations
We expect to receive around 800 applications for around 150 available places. Of these, only 50 participants will receive travel grants from us or our partners. The selection of participants who apply for travel grants will be held as a separate competition as the number of people applying per paid for place will be higher. Please keep this in mind when answering the questionnaire below.
When filling out the application from below, you can indicate that you are applying for a travel grant from the Prague Civil Society Centre or our partners. Please note that the selection of such participants will be held separately and the number of people per place in this case is much higher.
How to apply
Participation in CampCamp 2018 is free for civil activists.
We expect that more than 120 activists and communication professionals from Eastern Europe and Central Asia as well as several special guests from other countries will participate in CampCamp 2018.
In case we receive a lot more applications than the limited number of spots, the participants will be selected through a competition. Criteria such as motivation, willingness to experiment actively and purposefully as well as to use the skills learned at the BarCamp in their work will be taken into account.
To apply for a place at CampCamp 2018, please, please fill in the form linked below. Deadline to apply: 10 September 2018
CampCamp 2018 Application Form