The Prague Civil Society Centre is seeking a Russian-speaking Grants Assistant to join our growing international team. The role will be full-time, based in our office in central Prague.
A Bit about Us
The Prague Civil Society Centre is a non-governmental organisation supporting and empowering civil society across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and we work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. The Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civic ecosystem.
What Are We Looking For?
The grant assistant will work in close partnership with a small grants administration team and to:
• Manage the Centre’s grant-making programme during the application process, evaluation of proposals, contracting, project monitoring and closeout procedures
• Receive, check and store project proposals and other documentation from applicants, distribute proposals to dedicated programme officers and monitor the evaluation process
• Conduct risk assessments of potential partners
• Receive and perform a check of financial reports and related documents
• Ensure a timely and diligent payment process
• Assist with reporting and presenting projects for internal audiences
Who Are We Looking For?
The successful candidate will have:
• At least two years’ experience in a relevant field, e.g. civil society organisation, project and financial management
• Fluency in English and Russian (written in particular) is essential. Knowledge of Czech is not required
• Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel), cybersecurity literacy, experience with managing databases
• High-level of self-organisation, reliability and diligence in approach to work
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, capacity to work in a multi-national team
• Patience and team-spirit as well as personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Prague Civil Society Centre
The role is full-time (40 hours per week). The Centre can provide visa/relocation assistance to the successful candidate, if needed (details can be discussed at interview stage).
Think you’re up to the challenge? Drop us your CV (no more than 2 pages) and motivation letter (no longer than 1 page) at email@example.com by October 27, 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, we’ll only be able to respond to those candidates who are shortlisted.