We are hiring a Finance Assistant to join our growing team. We are a new non-profit organisation launched to support and empower civil societies across Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We believe civil society is the key driver of social change, and work to ensure it has the flexibility, connections and tools to play a leading role in the development of the region. In the face of difficult conditions, the Centre emphasises creativity, innovation and technology as the cornerstones of a sustainable and diverse civil society.
The Centre works across Eastern Europe, Russia, the Caucasus and Central Asia, disbursing grants, running workshops and seminars for activists and professionals, and studying the region. The Centre’s headquarters are in Prague, and it employs 21 staff from 9 different countries.
Position & Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will work in close partnership with the Finance Manager to ensure that financial operations conform with our donors’ policies, procedures and guidelines, statutory requirements and ‘best practice’ principles. Specifically, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with daily bookkeeping
- Helping to prepare accounting documents (contract preparation, processing invoices in the DMS, travel expenses, internal documents)
- Monitoring the timely circulation of accounting documents within the organisation
- Preparing payments to suppliers/vendors
- Assisting with regular accounting controls (bank/cash reconciliations, payroll control, budget control etc.)
- Supporting audits (statutory, donors, internal, tax)
- Advising and training staff on relevant financial guidelines and regulations.
- University Degree in Economics, Accounting or another relevant field. Absolvents are welcome to apply but relevant working experience is an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Czech (knowledge of Russian is an asset). Please note that candidates that do not speak both Czech and English will be automatically disqualified
- Basic competence in accounting and finance
- Basic knowledge of relevant Czech legislation, taxation and financial management rules
- Experience with accounting systems is an advantage
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good capacity to work in a multi-national team, patience and team-spirit
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and creative approach to problem-solving
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the organisation
The position is a full-time (40 hours per week) role based in our headquarters in central Prague. The role comes with a competitive salary and 25 days of annual leave.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letter (up to 3 pages) and CV in English before 26 May 2017 to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to the expected number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in June.